Adventure Program Supervisor
|Position||Adventure Program Supervisor(Mostly Rock Climbing)|
|Rate of Pay:||$18.00 - $22.00 / hour||Hours / Week||Part-Time or Full-Time available|
|Winter Season||December - April||Summer Season||May - September|
Equinox Adventures in Whitehorse Yukon Canada provides quality adventure experiences in engaging environments for a variety of clientele. The Adventure Program Supervisor is responsible for the facilitation and management of one or more of the following programs: Rock Climbing, Zipline, Teambuilding, Canoeing and Ice Climbing. They should have a passion for working with staff and groups while maintaining a safe, positive
and adventurous environment. They are the organizer of any first aid, rescue or other emergency procedures. The goal of Equinox programming is to expose our clients to a variety of adventure based activities in a safe and structured environment. Skills instruction, Encouragement and Safety are the primary program components. Clients are encouraged to try new things, expand their skill base while being part of a team environment.
Rock Climbing and Zipline We use a variety of location in and around Whitehorse. All are single pitch with slingshot belay. One site has a zipline as well.
Canoeing is mostly done with Canoe Cata-rafts on the Yukon and Takhini Rivers
GPTeaming is a leadership development program. Small groups use GPS to find waypoints, where they do initiative tasks. The program focuses on problem solving, trust, communication, risk taking, and time management.
Ice Towers are constructed in November and operational from mid-December to early April. Programs include ice climbing and ice trekking for groups and individuals.
• Energetic and creative personality
• Experience Supervising adventure programs, motivating staff, and maintaining a safe environment.
• Experience working with groups and instructing (one or more of) rock climbing, ice climbing, ropes course, zipline, canoeing
• Experience with first aid (giving, not receiving), rescues and emergency procedures.
• Current Standard (or Advanced Wilderness) First Aid and Current Basic Rescuer CPR (level C)
• Industry recognized certification and/or training from previous employment are an asset
Please check out our website, contact us with any questions and email your Resume to: