Rock Climb, Canoe, Camp Craft, Forest Exploration, GPS, GeoCache, Character Building
Campers receive instruction in various activities which are designed to allow them to learn at their own rate while being part of a team environment.
- skill development
- increasing self awareness and confidence
- learning new leadership skills
- setting individual goals
- working as a team
- problem solving and communication
Ages: 5 – 12
(divided into age appropriate groups)
One week sessions $395 / week
Monday – Friday
Our goal is to expose campers to a variety of activities in a safe and structured environment and to encourage them to try new things and expand their skill base.
All of our staff hold current First Aid and CPR certificates, have experience working with children and youth, and have taken part in our extensive staff training. Group leaders carry a backpack containing a fully stocked first aid kit, camper information, bear spray, whistle, sunscreen and extra clothes.
Staff to Camper Ratios
Our staff to camper ratio is 1:6 maximum for any programs on the water and involving rock climbing. Other programs, such as games and land sports have a ratio of ~1:10. Our Camp staff always work in teams of two or three.
We use proper safety equipment for all of our programs and regularly inspect it (i.e. certified rock climbing gear and helmets, PFDs, water rescue equipment, etc.)
Covid-19 and other respiratory ailments
We continue to be vigilant about Covid-19 and other contagious respiratory infections. If your child is sick (cough, fever, shortness of breath, general feeling of being unwell) please keep them at home.
Adventure Camp Week at a Glance
|Camp craft and outdoor adventures||Cata-canoe-raft trip on Yukon River||Rock climbing at Copper Cliff||Kayaking and swamp stomp||Rock climbing at rock gardens|
|Flatwater canoeing||Explore historic sites en-route||More climbing and forest games||Campfire cooking||More climbing and end of week debrief|
Each week is slightly different to ensure variety for campers returning for multiple weeks.
Every week will be a fun filled experience with the opportunity for campers to meet new friends and learn new skills.
- Learn basic climbing techniques and proper equipment use
- Knot tying and belay skills
- Hiking and forest games
- Teamwork and communication
- Learn and improve tandem flat water paddling skills
- Play canoeing games and activities
- We follow guidelines set by the Canadian Recreational Canoeing Association
Yukon River Day Trip
- Build catamaran style rafts for a leisurely paddle
- Learn moving water techniques and safe boating practices
- Put in by MacRae, take out at Schwatka Lake
- Picnic lunch
- Learning outdoor survival skills
- Build a safe campfire and cook up some delicious treats
- Orienteering, shelter building, hiking and forest games
- Yukon Wildlife Preserve
- Arts and craft projects
- Fun camp games played throughout the week
ll drop-off and pick-ups are in the Shipyards Park Parking Lot. Campers arrive each morning at 8:30-9:00am; pickup is between 3:30-4:00pm.
Campers and Parents MUST BE ON TIME for drop-off and pick-ups! If for any reason there is a last-minute change of transportation arrangements for a camper, please leave a message at 334-3725 BEFORE the scheduled pick-up or drop-off time. It is the responsibility of the parent / guardian to supervise their child until the staff arrives at 8:30am and to be there no later than 4:00pm to pick them up.
What to Bring
Campers should wear or pack their backpack with the following items every day:
- Lunch and snacks for the whole day
- 1L bottle of water or juice
- Face mask and hand sanitizer (we will also be providing these)
- Swimsuit, towel and flip-flops
- Sunscreen and bug repellent
- Baseball hat or other for sun protection
- Rain gear… we play rain or shine!
- Warm clothes for those cooler days
- A keen sense of adventure!
Camp fees will be refunded (-$50 admin fee) only if a cancellation is made a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the session starting date.
All the members of the Equinox Staff Team have extensive experience working with children in outdoor adventure programs. All staff members have current First Aid and CPR and have completed our staff training.
We have been providing children and youth with top-notch instruction in adventure based programs since 2004.